This Information is for eNew Jersey School of Ballet Registered "
All students are required to complete an audition registration form and return prior to audition date with a $30 audition fee. Audition date must be scheduled in advance. You may not turn in the registration form on the day of the audition. Registration forms are available at the ballet studios or online. Please return completed forms to the office with payment or email Nutcracker@njballet.org. Cash, Check and Credit Cards are acceptable forms of payment. If you wish to pay by PayPal, please request a link by email.
• You must be a registered student at NJSB to participate.
• You are only eligible if you are Beginner II (Red) level or above.
• Please see below as there are specific criteria for each role.
• It is not required to attend both audition dates. Students will be notified about casting via email sometime after the second audition (week of October 31). Rehearsals will begin Sunday, November 6 (schedule to be announced).
• All rehearsals are at the Florham Park studios on Sundays beginning November 6 through December 11 (6 weeks).
• Performances will be at Mayo PAC in Morristown (MPAC).
• Performance groups are formed at the first rehearsal. You will be notified of the performance dates sometime in late November.
• We expect performers to be on time, attend every rehearsal, and be available for performances during the December 16-27 run.
• There will be rotating casts, therefore each student performer will not be required to participate in all 11 shows.
• We must be notified of any conflicts at the first rehearsal or it will be impossible to accommodate the student performer’s schedule. NO EXCEPTIONS!
NUTCRACKER 2022 AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
Beginner II, Beginner III, Int. I & II Children and Intensive levels are eligible. Clowns must be able to do somersaults.
* Solo Clowns must be able to do three back handsprings.
Teen Advanced Int. II, Advanced and Intensive levels are eligible. Angels must be very strong on pointe. Minimum 4 years experience on pointe.
Intermediate I & II Children and Intensive levels are eligible.
Int. & Adv. Teens, Adults & Intensive levels are eligible. Must be able to lift a soldier and be comfortable wearing a mouse head when performing the role
NUTCRACKER at MPAC Audition Schedule
Audition Schedule: Sunday, October 9 at the Florham Park Studio
Clowns: 1:30-3:00 pm
Angels: 3:00-4:30 pm
Soldiers: 4:30-6:00 pm
Mice: 6:00-6:30 pm
Audition Schedule: Sunday, October 16 at the Florham Park Studio
This is a make-up for those who cannot attend October 9.
Clowns: 1:00-2:00 pm
Angels: 2:00-3:00 pm
Little Boys: 3:00-4:30 pm
Soldiers: 4:30-5:30 pm
Mice: 5:30-6:00 pm
For Intensive Students ONLY:
Auditions for Little Girls and Courtiers (By Invitation Only) will be on Sunday, October 16.
Invitations will be sent via email after the ballet school season begins.
Little Girls: 3:00-4:30 pm
Courtiers: 4:30-5:30 pm
NUTCRACKER at MPAC Performance Schedule
Friday, Dec. 16 @ 7:30 pm
Saturday, Dec. 17 @ 1:00 pm & 6:00 pm
Sunday, Dec. 18 @ 1:00 pm & 6:00 pm
Thursday, Dec. 22 @ 7:30 pm
Friday, Dec. 23 @ 7:30 pm
Saturday, Dec. 24 @ 1:00 pm
Monday, Dec. 26 @ 1:00 pm & 6:00 pm
Tuesday, Dec. 27 @ 1:00pm